MAHINDRA THAR 2020 HIGHLIGHTS
- Mahindra Thar 2020 is to be launched on October 2, 2020 (pre-booking starts)
- The Thar AX (Adventure Series) is a reborn off-roader while the LX (Lifestyle Series) is a city breed beast with more comfort and enhanced features.
- New Thar comes with 3 different rooftops.
- Mahindra Thar 2020 is available in both petrol and diesel variant engines and
- Transmission: manual and automatic
New Mahindra Thar’s 3 Top Roof Models
1. Fixed Soft Top
2. Convertible Soft Top
3. Hard Top
Mahindra Thar 2020 specifications
The 2 different mStallion150 petrol engine and the mHawk130 diesel engine. Has 6-speed automatic and manual transmission options
- Removable Front Doors
- Roof-Mounted Speakers
- Tilt-Adjustable Steering Wheel
- Power Windows
- Electrically Adjustable ORVMs
- Central Locking with Remote Flip Key
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat
- Compatible with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, USB, Navigation
- 7-inch Touchscreen Infotainment System
- Smartwatch and Phone Connectivity with Blue Sense App
- Automatic/Electronic Climate Control System
- Steering Mounted Audio and Phone Controls
- Cruise Control
- Adventure Statistics Display on the Infotainment System
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Drizzle Resistant (IP54) Dashboard Switches
- Tyre Direction Monitoring System
- TFT Multi-Information Display in the Instrument Cluster
New Mahindra Thar SUV Safety Features
- Pedestrian Safety Compliant
- Dual Front Airbags
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Built-in Roll Cage with 3-Point Seatbelts
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts on Rear Seat
- Roll-Over Mitigation
- Hill Hold Control
- Hill Descent Control
- Crash Safety Compliant
- Electronic Braking Distribution (EBD)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
What is Thar AX means?
What is Thar LX means?
Mahindra Thar 2020 interior
- To add a feather to the offroad activity, this version comes with Water and dust resistant interior, remove/washable panels.
- 3 different rooftops, among one, is completely open
- Can expect some interesting aftermarket modifications from the offroaders and adventurers
Mahindra Thar 2020 images
Mahindra Thar 2020 automatic transmission
After listening to its automatic driver’s prayers, Mahindra has granted this edition with a 6-speed torque automatic gearbox. Also, it comes with a 4-wheel-drive system with 4-wheel low, 4-wheel high, and rear-wheel drive modes as standard across all variants.
New Mahindra Thar Off-Road Features
- 255/65-R18 Tyres
- Body-on-Frame Construction
- 37-Degree Departure Angle
- 42-Degree Approach Angle
- 27-Degree Ramp Over Angle
- 226mm Ground Clearance
- 650mm Water Wading Ability
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- Manual Shift Transfer Case with Low Ratio
- Mechanical Locking Differential on the Rear Axle
- Independent Front Suspension
New Mahindra Thar Colour Options
- Red Rage
- Mystic Copper
- Napoli Black
- Galaxy Grey
- Rocky Beige
New Mahindra Thar SUV Availability & Expected Price
Pricing is still unknown and not released officially. However, based on the industry experts and previous releases, the audiences are guessing it to range anywhere between INR 11 Lakhs to 15 Lakhs
2019 vs 2020
What did Anand Mahindra tweet about the new Mahindra Thar 2020 edition?
I want this NOW. It’s hard enough to wait till October. I will have a serious battle with our team if they put me at the bottom of the waiting list for this beast… Hope you’re listening @vijaynakra pic.twitter.com/pBn03khkpu
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) August 15, 2020
Some Interesting Facts
During late 2017 Mahindra Thar was used in one of the Superstar Rajnikanth’s tamil movie Kaala, which was produced by another Kollywood star Dhanush. When Anand Mahindra, tweeted Dhanush asking for the vehicle, do you know what happened next? read below
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) May 29, 2017
Remember I wanted the Thar used for the poster shot of #Kaala for our museum?Well @dhanushkraja obliged & it’s safe at #MahindraResearchValley in Chennai.I asked our folks to strike a Thalaivar pose & look what fun they had!(Bala,the guy in the lungi is now known as ‘KaalaBala’) pic.twitter.com/r3HzFv7DEJ
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) June 7, 2018
note: Mahindra’s automobile museum is not open for the public.
Let us wait and see if this new edition is going to garner the Indian cinema this year or the next.
Even though this new edition resembles very much like Jeep Wrangler, it is still our very own Mahindra Thar by end of the day and we are gonna make it muddy. Please make sure you subscribe to our website to get more such news. Cheers drivers! Go out and make some adventure.